So tonight I suppose was my rerelease since my break up from my safety blanket ( as my friend called him) I wasn't expecting to hook up, even imaging it... In fact it filled me with guilt. But a few glasses of wine later and you find yourself thinking don't you? You may not have intend it but there with your half worn of makeup messy hair and flat shoes you find yourself noticing someone. They, in my case, are always very tall, very strong and very attractive. This of course entitles them to a flood of women. Tonight was no exception. Girl after girl flirted with this gorgeous specimen all being knocked back eventually. Then he approached me... Unsuspecting, unprepared, in dignified me. The usual questions are fired and the answers unheard over the music, the perfect set up for the request to move to some where quieter. Advances acknowledged we move to a quiet corner. I gather the details ... 25, single, media, originally Adelaide. My head calculates the answers as though each is worth a point into my pants... Doing well I think to myself. An abrupt wake up call comes when he is asked to head home.. The following conversation occurs.
"what are your plans tonight? Should I go home?"
(staying out as long as it takes for you to get my number... No of course you shouldn't stay up all night with me!)
" are you working tomorrow?"
(no... Don't you want to walk me home? Stroll through the city? Live a life of whimsy for the night? Skinny dip in the Harbour? Climb a tree? Sleep at mine maybe... Perhaps)
" are you coming home to bondi with me?"
(... Fuck.... Well obviously no... Morally and ethically no, not just after I meet you... Later maybe. Now no! Fuck fuck fuck...)
The only no fired from my lips and he dashes like cinderella at midnight.... I act unoffended, relieved in fact. secretly I wish he was Cinderella so I could find him with the shoes he left and club him to death with it.
I wish my friends good bye laughing about what an idiot he was. The hour walk home is one of tears and reflection. Single... That's right. I remember single.
Bridget jones here I come.
No comments:
Post a Comment