Sunday, 18 August 2013

Take this ring, store it safe away. Ill wear it on another rainy day.

Sometimes I wish I was stupid.
To be one of those people who are completely shocked when their partner has cheated on them.
I wish I didn't see the signs that lead up to those moments.
Why?
Because the signs are common, human even.
In every relationship there will be moments when signs pop up, but you can't condemn someone for the little slip ups or strayed intent.

My new partner is going away to see a friend. The friend has no name when they are brought up, they are just a friend. No back story, no explanation, no general mention.
I know the friends name because I'm not stupid.
I refuse to be in a relationship which snoop around each others phones etc but I've seen messages from her because she's messaged whilst he has been driving or making us dinner.

I don't believe he will do anything with her, but I do know he is placing himself in a position of temptation. If it wasn't she wouldn't be hidden from my knowledge.

As my stomach sinks with news of his departure I remind myself he is human, I am human. I have learnt to worry without showing jealousy because of my past, perhaps him hiding her is a learnt behaviour from a jealous ex in.the past?

I cannot judge, I will not judge.

I trust him, yes, it seems he is playing with fire but who hasn't. It doesn't set actions in stone or prove the worst intent is true. So I have no real concern.

After all if he were to act upon his rather poor intent I would do what I have learnt from experience. I would get on with life.

No comments:

Post a Comment