My days off always fill me with a juxtaposition of contentment and restlessness.
Sitting in my dimly lit dwelling watching the dancing flames of candles and the sound of feet passing on the street above, I contemplate how to spend my day.
I live in one of these most picturesque parts of my city with people well above my calibre. Multiple fine restaurants within a short walk and small niche boutiques.
The house are old yet well kept with landscaped gardens, picket fences and giant trees uprooting the old tar roads.
If I had a camera I would spend my days capturing its splendour and the secrets delights which are so often over looked.
Here I sit contemplating how to spend my day, seconds tick past as I grow forever anxious laying lazily on the middle of my bed.
What a joy it is to not have to move, what a waste it is to stay so still on such a stunning winters day.
Perhaps I should go to the library, the harbour, the cafe? Perhaps to an art gallery a short walk away?
Where I used to live I would walk hours just to go to the local grocery store and yet there I seemed to accomplish more in a day then I do here.
So where shall I go? What shall I see?
Tick, tick, tick..

No comments:
Post a Comment