Monday, 13 May 2013

Its 1:30 am. I sit and run my hands over a series of long raised sticky lines along my chest... The sting numbs my head as I close my cloudy eyes.
Three lost of news struck my confused ears tonight.... 1. I was used for sex 2. The man who loved me loves me no more 3. The man who thought he could love me found some else.
I sit numb in the cab... Why do I care? Why would I?
I've been contemplating for weeks taking a vow of celibacy till marriage, so why is this news such a weight on my soul? Why do I struggle to breathe or find my sense of worth in these circumstances of perspective.

I laugh until I cannot breathe before locking myself behind our heavy wooden bathroom door. My knees give way as a part of me consumes itself in self mutilation. Scratches to my breast and thighs. My fists punch my upper arm....
You worthless breath of life ... My head hisses into the painful thuds of pain.
How daft your sinful self Is!
How could this ever change for you?
Your used... Dried up.
No one could love you now.
Die... Die... Die


I wrap myself tight in my Doona and expel my thoughts to paper as naturally as a breath of fresh air.
Sleep is all I wish for now.
Sleep so I manage tomorrow...
Tomorrow so I live through today...
Today so one day I accept this..
Let it be over... Over... Over.... Please?

No comments:

Post a Comment